Thursday, September 12, 2013

Songs That Define Me

I just HAD to link up with the awesome Helene today!!!

Helene in Between

Music is such a huge part of my life. From enjoying it as a child,  to dancing to it for cheerleading, playing in in band, my husband is a DJ....and just having it help me get through my commute every day. I love to sing along to every song when I am alone. I say alone, because I know I am no pro.

I had a really hard time narrowing down what songs I wanted to include for this link up! So here we go, in no particular order...


No Scrubs - TLC - I freaking loved this song the day it came out, and I still whip it out quite often today. Chris and I have a No Scrubs concert in the car sometimes...it is pretty awesome! Ain't nobody got time for scrubs!


Pursuit of Happiness and Memories - with Kid Cudi -  I couldn't pick just one. These two songs are on repeat in my car quite often!


Best Day - Taylor Swift - This song reminds me of my mom. Before we changed our plans for our wedding, I was going to have our parents seated to this song. I especially relate to the part when she talks about how her friends are mean when she is 13 and her mom drives to a different town and they walk around the mall and laugh. My mom did this for me often growing up. She has always been my very best friend.


Here I Go Again - White Snake - I talked about what this song means to me here.



I Will Praise You In This Storm - Casting Crowns -  I talked about what this song means to me here.

Come On Get Higher - Matt Nathanson - This song reminds me of a summer that I visited Destin with my former best friend. It was such a great beach trip and we listed to the Matt Nathanson CD in the car everywhere we went.

God Must Have Spent a Little More Time On You - NSYNC - Do you even need an explanation for this one? NSYNC and Backstreet Boys were everything back when I was in high school. I am still holding out on hope that NSYNC will one day reunite again. For longer than the 30 seconds they had on the VMA's this year!

Meet Me Halfway - Black Eyed Peas - This was our song when I lived in Atlanta and Chris was here in Birmingham and we were having to travel back and forth to see each other.


First Dance - Cory Smith - I LOVE the lyrics to this song. This is how love is supposed to be. You want it to be special always, not just in the beginning.


What's Your Fantasy - Ludicris - Even though this song was playing during my horrible car accident in high school....it reminds me of just that...high school. We used to jam out to this song while we waited to get out of the parking lot after school in my Jeep. We would have the windows down and think we were the shit. All hard core with our Luda in our uppity suburban "Snob Hill" high school.


Fever For the Flava - Hot Action Cops - This song reminds me of college. Every time we had a party we always ended up playing it. It just reminds me of fun times, and who doesn't love a little green glow under the car with a boom boom system you can hear real far?





3 comments:

  1. WHITESNAKE!! whenever here i go again on the radio, i crank that up and sing right along! takes me back to grade 7 :)

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh No Scrubs! heck yes! that's so cool that your husband is a DJ!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by. I would love to hear from you, please feel free to comment! If you leave an ugly or offensive comment, it may be deleted.