There used to be an email that floated around about how to live like your dog. I personally think we should all take a lesson from them!
There were 10 steps:
1.When loved ones come home, always run and greet them.
2. Never pass up the opportunity to go for a ride.
3. When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close, and nuzzle them gently.
4. Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
5. When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.
6. Let others know when they have invaded your territory.
7. Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
8. Be loyal.
9. If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
10. Delight in the simple joy of a walk.