Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Jiggly

A funny thing it is...motivation. I have talked before about what motivates me. But what happens when you loose sight of that? When you are putting forth effort towards something but not getting the results you desire

I have been taking the 30 Day Shred challenge one squat jump day at a time. After the first week, I lost 4 lbs and was really excited about it. I kept doing what I was doing, you know, riding the healthy train. On my final day of level 1 I jumped on the scale again. I had gained back 2 of the 4 lbs I lost. Dafaaaaaq? How is that even possible? Julian has been killing me. I have been eating clean.

Every morning I continue to wake up at 4:30am, eat my rabbit food for lunch and pretend I don't want ice cream ever again. Every Friday I get on that scale, and damned if it hasn't  moved a fraction of an ounce.

So why? Why do I keep torturing myself if I don't see the scale moving. Because I am fairly certain the pyramids weren't constructed in a day. (Though if you watch the special on the aliens on the history channel, they might have been.) I know that eventually if I continue to work, something will give. I do see results when I look at my arms and they are less jiggly. I am starting to see definition in my abs again. I told myself that I would complete this damn challenge, and I will do it! Mama didn't raise no quitter. If I give my best, and I don't get the results that I want...I know that I at least tried. You can't argue with that. Besides, I could do better on the weekends. You know, not drink beer AT ALL. Skip Mexican night. However, I do still want to enjoy some things and know that it comes at a price.

I am not in a competition with anyone but myself. I know I can be better. I will get there.



2 comments:

  1. GIRL, I'M GOING TO SAY THIS IN ALL CAPS SO YOU KNOW I MEAN BIDNESS BUT *THROW THE SCALE AWAY*. for real. that is inaccurate to begin with and will fluctuate between 2-5lbs DAILY.

    focus on measurements lost and how your clothes fit. for example, since i started my journey over 18months ago, i've only lost about 20 or so pounds but i went down major sizes (from an 8/10 to a 2). if i only looked at the scale, i would be SO DEFEATED because 20lbs over the course of 20months is nothing.

    what is happening is that you are building lean muscle mass so the fat that you lost is being replaced by muscle and BE PROUD OF THAT!!

    don't fret about the scale; women are driven to only use the scale to measure progress but it's one of the worst things you can do to yourself and your journey..that thing is a lying whore and will only make you feel bad about yourself! keep up the challenge and keep doing it. you are doing wonderful things internally as well; don't forget that!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Kathy here. I am not a fan of the scale. It doesn't tell the whole story, which is that you're gaining muscle and losing inches and that your clothes are fitting better.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by. I would love to hear from you, please feel free to comment! If you leave an ugly or offensive comment, it may be deleted.