Monday, April 22, 2013

Coffee and Conversation-Friendship

Coffee & Conversation

This Week's Question:
What is the most valuable friendship you have in your life and what makes it so great?

There are many different levels of which you can be friends with someone, so I would like to highlight on a few of those. First and foremost, my husband. We chose to spend the rest of our lives together, so of course...we are the best of friends! We share things with each other that we share with no one else. We are there for one another in sickness and in health, for better or for worse. We support each others dreams. We do the every day things together. The highlight of every day for me is seeing him.

Another valuable friendship I have is with my mother. Yes, she is my mom...so of course I love her. However, it is much deeper than that. I don't just see her as my mom, I see her as my best friend. She has always been there for me. She has always made me feel comfortable enough to talk to her about anything and everything. She is the person I most enjoy shopping with and talking to on the phone to. Anytime I am down on something, she is the person I go to for inspiration or to vent. She is an amazing person.

The most valuable "traditional" friendship I have is with my friend Amanda. She used to be my co-worker. She is one of those people that I boned with instantly. We are alike in many ways, we were and still are at the same stage in life. When we met, we were both engaged and getting married a month apart from each other. We are both in our late 20's trying to figure out what we want to be when we grow up. We now are both newlyweds without kids. We both just bought our first homes. We share so much in common with our personalities. I meet up with Amanda at least once a week for lunch. During our lunches we talk about what we have going on in our lives, vent about the things that bother us, and encourage and inspire each other to follow our dreams and figure out what we want to to professionally and for fun. Amanda is one of the most genuine, sweetest people I have ever met. Even though I have only known her for about 2 years, I feel like I have been friends with her my whole life. She is one of those people who you can always rely on no matter what. I am so very thankful for our friendship. I know that one of the reasons I worked at the place I did was to meet her.

I have posted before about how I lost my "best friend." I still miss her to this day. I know that sometimes people come into your life and aren't meant to stay forever. It hurts when you lose what you thought to be a life long friendship. I often ask myself if there was something I could have done differently, or should I reach back out to her. I know that people can come and go.


I am also incredibly thankful for all of my blogging friends! When I started this blog, I had no clue where it would lead. I have connected with amazing people from all over the country, and right here in Alabama. I am so thankful for the friendships I have established, and the ones I hope to still gain. Meeting up with the Alabama Bloggers has been one of the best things I have done. Every single one of those girls is genuine, and sweet and I am thankful for them. I love how in the blogging community we encourage each other and write from the heart.



4 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for our friendship! =) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like what you wrote about your husband. I feel the exact same way about mine. And blog friends are great! I often wonder why I can't find people like my blog friends in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet post on friendship! I too love my blogger buds; they always come through at the most crucial times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. People come and go for a reason. I've learned that the people who are in your past most of the time needs to stay there. There's always a reason whether it's you or them. I know that sounds cynical, but at least in my particular experiences it's held up to be true. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by. I would love to hear from you, please feel free to comment! If you leave an ugly or offensive comment, it may be deleted.