Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday Five - SEC Preperation

the Sowell life
 
 
 
The long awaited Friday has once graced us with it's presence once again. Finally! Can I get an Amen?!
 
Alright folks, down in the south you have to be involved in the SEC and pick a team. You just have to it's the rules. I decided several years ago to no longer fight it, but embrace it. And become one of those "fans." Roll Tide. Not one of those fans, like the annoying Tennessee or LSU fans...(all in fun) but I have decided to enjoy every weekend being full of football games. To watch the teams you love win, and hope the teams you hate fall on their ass.
 
So I have put a list together of the 5 SEC must haves for every game.
 
1. Game Day Food (duh!)
 

 
There is nothing like some chips and dip, slow cooker cocktail weenies, potato soup or chili, wings, stadium style hot dogs and grilling out to get the party started. Don't forget cookies or brownies for the sweet tooth. Of course with Pinterest, game day food has been taken to a whole new level. I have an entire board of nothing but ideas for those coveted Saturdays!
 
2. Beer (duh!)
 
 
You gotta have your favorite brewski to wash down all that amazing food. Don't worry ladies, those that aren't "Beer drinkers," there are plenty of ciders out to try that taste nothing like beer. I promise if you give them a try you will love them.
 
3. Game Day Dress
 
 
 
Yes, I said dress. When I first moved to the south, I noticed all these girls in dresses at football games. Dafaaaaq? We are southern ladies, we wear dresses. Just embrace it. Don't forget your matching accessories.
 
 
4. Serving Items
 
 
You gotta have something to put all that food on! Dont forget to chill that beer!
 
 
5. ESPN App
 
 
 
 
Don't forget to download the ESPN app so you can keep up with the conference scores and rankings. Sometimes there are multiple games on at the same time and you cant watch everything at once!
 
All right, who is ready for some football? I know I am!
 




3 comments:

  1. I'm SOOOOO ready for SEC football! I mean, I NEED it. Ha! Hopefully the next few weeks will fly by so we can start enjoying our favorite season! Happy Friday! Y'all enjoy your weekend, and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm a football tard but my husband loves it. happy friday!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I'll ever "get" football... but count me in for some game day grub (I love food!) and a cute dress! :D

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by. I would love to hear from you, please feel free to comment! If you leave an ugly or offensive comment, it may be deleted.