Monday, July 15, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans

Hey hey everybody. Another weekend has come and gone and it is back to the grind today! Woke up this morning to cloudy overcast skies and more rain...gross. I am SO SICK of rain!!

Let.s do the weekend in review, shall we?

Friday evening Chris and I had our sushi date. I love sushi! Chris had to work this weekend, so we came back home afterwards and watched a little TV.

Saturday morning I woke up with Chris, packed his lunch, did most of the cleaning and had my work out in by 9am. Then my mom came over and we went out for lunch and shopping! I love spending time with my mom, she is my best friend and the best shopping buddy anyone could ever ask for. She surprised me when she came over with a birthday present! She wanted to make sure I got it before my birthday just in case we weren't able to plan another weekend out together between now and then. How cute is the wrapping paper?



It was a Coach purse! How exciting. I didn't get a chance to snap a picture of the actual purse, but it is hot pink :) I have so many neutral color and metallic purses, my mom knew that my next purse was going to be a fun color. She got it for me while she was visiting our family in Pittsburgh, so it means even more to me that she thought of me while up there. 

We went shopping at The Summit. Our first stop was The Loft, duh! We spend well over an hour in there. I think I tried on 25 things. I had a hard time narrowing down what I was going to purchase, I decided to only get things on sale. My mom was so sweet and bought me a pair of shorts and a tank top that I had liked for the rest of my birthday present. They are the first pair of shorts that I own in my adult life, well besides gym shorts. I NEVER wear shorts. I hate the way shorts look on me, but I really wanted a pair on super hot days that I didn't feel like wearing a dress or skirt. 


She got me a black sun-washed tank to go with it. So cute. I also got a $5 tank to match a shrug sweater that I found on final sale. The sweater was marked $9.88 but it rang up $4.88!!! I was so excited! I found a pair of coral ankle pants as well for $14.88. So for $27 (including tax) I got a tank, sweater and pants! I thought I did VERY good! 

The pants look like this, only a little shorter. 
Tall Curvy Straight Leg Jeans

This is the shrug. You can't really tell, but it is specks of mint green, white and beige. 

The tank I got to go under the shrug is a beige/tan color. I thought I could pair it with my chocolate brown pants for work, or jeans on the weekend. A great transitional piece for the late summer/early fall.

We decided to eat at Urban Cookhouse for lunch. My mom had never been, she loved it. I got the turkey crunch sandwich with marinated slaw on wheat, and a side of fresh fruit and a water. Gotta make the healthy choices while dining out as well!


Saturday evening when Chris got off work I made talapia and veggies (squash, zucchini, broccoli and carrots.)

Sunday morning I got up with Chris again, finished cleaning and worked out. For lunch I made a black bean burger and had edamame to go with it. Don't worry I didn't eat all the edamame on that plate, just a serving size haha. The black bean burger is by Morning Star, they are super yummy and you can throw them in the microwave or in a pan on the stove.



After lunch I went grocery shopping. I didn't really have any meals in mind when I went the store. We are trying to keep dinner at 400 calories or under. We are going to have pork loin and green beans, kung pai chicken and stir fry veggies, roasted chicken over salad, and lemon pepper chicken with homemade baked sweet potato fries this week. Sunday evening Chris and I had a rotisserie chicken for dinner with steamed baby red potatoes and watched TV. 

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! Happy Monday!

Sami's Shenanigans 

1 comment:

  1. MorningStar products are great! Try the buffalo chicken nuggets and sausage links if you haven't. Two of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by. I would love to hear from you, please feel free to comment! If you leave an ugly or offensive comment, it may be deleted.