Monday, July 29, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans - The One Where I Should Have Just Stayed Home


Sami's Shenanigans

Well hello there peeps. Someone didn't show up to class on Friday, and I wish it was for a better reason like being at the beach, or anything other than what I was doing....

Friday morning I wasn't feeling so hot after my work out. I came and laid on the bed while Chris was getting ready and even said how I didn't feel like going anywhere. Chris gave me a sympathetic look and said me either, and finished getting ready.

 I got a phone call from my husband shortly after 7:00 am. He sounded panicked and told me to start heading downtown immediately, he had just had an accident. I am pretty sure I was dressed, had the dogs put in their crates, had my purse and was backing out of our drive way in less than 3 minutes. I raced towards the interstate, breaking every speed limit no doubt trying to get to him as quickly as possible. One thing will stop my quick arrival, the traffic backing up because of the accident, duh. There were reports all morning of how bad traffic was backed up because of the accident. I told him if you are going to get in an accident, you mine as well screw up traffic good while you do it ;)

What should have taken about 20-25 minutes took almost an hour. He had left the scene already, and was waiting at a gas station on probably one of the most ghetto exits of Birmingham...but who really thinks about that when they just had an accident and just want off the road.

He is ok. I am so so so thankful for that. I didn't ask any questions when he called me, I knew he would have things to deal with. I knew if he was ok enough to call me, that was all I needed. His back was hurting really bad, so I took him down to the emergency room and his dad took care of his car.

After we sat at UAB for awhile, got some food, picked up my laptop from work and parted ways so he could get his car....I headed home. I was about 4-5 miles away from our house on a back road, and the cars were coming to a stop to turn. No big deal, we started back up again but then another car decided to turn. I came to an almost stop and then BOOM. I got read ended. Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME?!

That my friends in the universe telling me to stay home. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. How do we both get rear ended on the same day? I don't know. I KNEW we should have just stayed home that morning.

Needless to say, our weekend was spend on the couch watching almost all of season three of Pretty Little Liars and eating horribly delicious food. We ordered pizza and Chinese and had chips and cheese dips, pleasing our inner fat kid selves.

I only had about 3 mini panic attacks on the way in to work this morning. The sound of cars crashing only haunted my dreams every night. That is a sound that you will NEVER forget. This wasn't my first accident rodeo, but that story is for another post another day.

May your Monday be more cautious than my Friday. Focker out.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm glad you are both okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are both alright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems that fate has smiled on you that day. Be careful with those panic attacks, though. Maybe you should have skipped from work if you still weren't feeling alright. We ought to emphasize the value of well-being over anything else.

    ParmeleLawFirm.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by. I would love to hear from you, please feel free to comment! If you leave an ugly or offensive comment, it may be deleted.