Monday, May 20, 2013

It's About to Get REAL Up In Here

Day 20: Get real. Share something you're struggling with right now.



Right now I am in a constant battle with myself. I made a goal for myself last year on my 29th birthday that I would lose 30 lbs before I turned 30. I have consistently been able to keep off 10 lbs, and in a constant battle with 5 more lbs over the last few months. My birthday is August 17, so I have a few months to lose 20 more. I doubt that I will lose the full 20...but I would be happy with 10 more consistently off. 

I eat very healthy and clean during the week, for the most part. I usually have a salad and some veggies (snap peas, carrots and/or broccoli) for lunch or a sandwich with turkey on a whole wheat wrap and then I cook some type of chicken or lean beef meal for dinner with a veggie as a side most of the time. For breakfast I normally have oatmeal or cereal and a banana or some berries. I am trying to get myself back into green monster smoothies for breakfast instead. At one time I had my taste buds able to handle drinking spinach with fruit in the mornings. Snacks usually consist of an apple, PB2 with a few Triscuits, almonds, or carrots and hummus. 

I ruin my diet on the weekends. I like to go out and eat with my husband, normally we eat out 2-3 times between Friday night and Sunday afternoon. I like to have a beer or two some weekends as well. This kills my work during the week. I used to be super active when I was younger, and I know the only way I am going to be able to lose any more is to start becoming obsessed with working out again. I haven't had a real work out since last spring when I was trying to "run." I use the term run loosely. 

Starting on June 1, I am joining a gym. I hate that there isn't one near my house to go in the mornings before work. I don't have enough time to go to the gym, come back home get ready and be at work at 8 am, because we live too far from everything. My only option will be to go after work. Once I get into the routine of it, it wont be so bad. It just sucks working a full day, fighting traffic then having to go to the gym. Then come home, rinse off, cook, do the dishes, and try to settle in before I have to do it all over again. I would much rather get it done first thing! My hope is to crave and need to work out after work after a few weeks of forcing myself to go! I used to crave my work outs, so that should come back.

Mind over matter. That is my struggle. I need to get out of my own head and just do it. No excuses. No more "Faturdays." Instead of having a cheat weekend, it is going to be a cheat meal. 

Anyone else trying to get back at it? Have any tips or things that work for you? 





3 comments:

  1. I don't think that "ruining" your diet on the weekends would be so bad if you could limit it to just one day. Following your diet during the rest of the week is pretty impressive. I have trouble doing it two days in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting back at it too. Upping my water and veggies, stopping with the sweets and chips during the week, and getting more consistent with my exercise. Being more active overall.

    You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're off to an amazing start. Little steps go along way and then become habits! Plus we are all here to cheer for you along the way!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by. I would love to hear from you, please feel free to comment! If you leave an ugly or offensive comment, it may be deleted.