Today is our 6 month wedding anniversary! It is amazing that 6 months has already gone by, yet at the same time it is crazy to think that it was only 6 months ago that we got married!
So in honor of our anniversary, I would like to share a few of the things I have learned as a newlywed.
1. Never go to bed angry
2. Always say I love you on the phone and when you are parting ways for the day
3. Do not sweat the little things
4. Chose your battles
5. Realize that not every thing that you do is going to be perfect...and even more important...note everything your spouse does will be perfect either
6. Embrace all the little, every day moments
7. Always kiss goodnight
8. Encourage each other in everything that you do
9. Communication is key to every problem
10. Realize that some things you can not change, you knew these things before you got married and therefore...you can't get frustrated about it!
Always look to 1 Corinthians for advice when you need it.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps not records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. -1 Corinthians
(This was read during our vowels.)