Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tell me about it...

Good day to you! So today I am linking up with Helene in Between, Newlywed Moments and Enjoying the Journey for Tell me about it Tuesday.

Helene in Between

So this Tuesday, I am going to tell you about one of my favorite recipes from Pinterest. I LOVE pinning things! I can pin all day, and well, lets be honest....I have pretty much done that! Anything to procrastinate, right?!

So, this recipe gets made literally once a week in our house. Chris and I try to watch what we eat during the week and keep the calorie count low. This is our favorite go to.

Turkey Taco Chili 
Turkey-chili-taco-soup - 5 points+..looks delish!

The recipe is from Skinny Taste, and it does not disappoint in the taste department, and at 198 calories it keeps your waste line happy!

Ingredients:

Lean Ground Turkey (I get the Extra lean turkey that Target sells)
1 medium onion chopped
1 green bell pepper chopped
1 can Rotel with green chilies (I get the original kind, they make a mild also)
1 can of kidney beans (I buy the Bush's dark kidney beans 40% less sodium)
1 8oz can of tomato sauce
1 can of refried beans (I buy fat free)
1 packet of taco seasoning (I buy the 25% less sodium kind)
2 1/2 cups of fat free low sodium chicken broth
(The recipe also calls for a can of corn, Chris HATES corn....so I omit it but it would taste lovely)

How do you make it?
-Cook the turkey meat in a large pot over medium heat, breaking with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
-Add the onion and pepper, and cook for 3 minutes
-Add Rotel. kidney beans, tomato sauce, refried beans, taco seasoning, chicken broth and corn.
-Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes

I serve mine with jalapenos, sour cream, Mexican cheese and green onions.

It tastes great heated up for several days after making it.

Enjoy!

Tell me about your favorite Pinterest recipe!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you stopping by. I would love to hear from you, please feel free to comment! If you leave an ugly or offensive comment, it may be deleted.