Thursday, December 13, 2012

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it.

Saw it. Pinned it. Did it.

Can I just say how much I LOVE Pinterest?!

Pinterest!
I feel it helps me get so much done throughout the day...pinning on my boards!
Pinterest Pinterest Pinterest
Where would we be without out it? Boring recipes, no clothes that I can't afford to drool over, and our homes would be craft-less!
I wish every time I pinned an outfit on Pinterest it would magically show up in my closet. | Somewhat Topical Ecard | someecards.com

However it does make me wonder...
In the article Pinned Down, it declares Pinterest as the social network for women. The vast majority of Pinterest users are women because it is easier to "see" women on Pinterest as opposed to other social networks. This ecard offers another perspective in a joking manner that men are actually behind Pinterest to influence women to act in an ideal way. -Shannen S.

And one more thing...
Funny Friendship Ecard: My 'low carb recipes' board on Pinterest has 4 pins. My 'desserts ' board has 17,000. Don't judge me.

So now that is out of the way, let's see what I pinned and did!

(Original Post)

Oven Baked Zucchini Chips

Chris and I have been looking for good healthy snacks during the week, and this fits the bill!


Ingredients
  • ¼ cup dry whole wheat breadcrumbs
  • ¼ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
  • ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
  • ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
  • ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (you could also use skim milk)
  • 2½ cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini
  • Cooking spray
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl stirring with a whisk.
  3. Place milk in a shallow bowl. Dip zucchini slices in milk and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
  4. Place coated slices on an oven proof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet.
  5. Bake for 30 minutes or until browned and crisped.
  6. Enjoy!

 Here are some pictures I took while cooking. Side bar - I didn't have any fancy cooling racks before I made this recipe, so I used the wire racks that came with my wok. Don't judge! Also, for some reason these pictures refuse to rotate even though I have rotated and saved them like 5 times. Technology is not my friend some days!



Now go make you some!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you stopping by. I would love to hear from you, please feel free to comment! If you leave an ugly or offensive comment, it may be deleted.