Five reasons I wear sunscreen:
1. Skin Cancer - Ain't no one got time for that. Sunscreen has been proven to diminish your chances of skin cancer, why would you need any more reasons? Gosh you are stubborn, I will give you some more!
2. Wrinkles - Just because I am going to be 30 doesn't mean I want to look like it! Anti=aging and reducing wrinkle creams and procedures can be super expensive. I wear sunscreen on my face every single day! Did you know that there have been studies that even florescent lights can cause damage to the skin? My daily facial moisturizer has SPF 20 in it, and that makes it super easy to remember and just do it. When I am going to be outside for extended periods of time...or at the beach....then I apply SPF 90 to my face.
3. Sunburn - Sunburn can be a bitch! I for one do not want to waste another minute of my life in pain from sunburn. First off it hurts, and makes you feel like you are dying. Not only do you feel like crap, no one looks good as a lobster. The crap makes your skin dry and scaly, and then you start to peel. You are not a snake, you shouldn't be losing a layer of your skin all over the house that way. Just no.
4. Discoloration, brown spots, red veins and blotchiness...oh my! - That's right folks. Not only does the sun cause wrinkles, but you can get some nasty looking brown sun spots all over your beautiful face. Not to mention you would be reducing your chances of red veins, discoloration and blotchiness.
5. Prescriptions - Did you know that there are certain medicines and even facial products that make your skin more sensitive to the sun? Make sure if you are taking a new medication or using facial products, especially ones that help with acne...that you look at the label for sun exposure warnings.
Sunscreen comes in all types of applications these days, so you can't use the thick old greasy feeling as an excuse! There are foams, lotions, sprays, chap sticks, facial kinds....all kinds! There are ones for sensitive skin, water proof, sports, heck...there are even ones with glitter and shimmer! There are ones that have no smell or fruity smells.
Sure you look all pretty with your nice super bronzed skin today, but it causes wrinkles and aging to your skin. Plus you know...there is that little thing called CANCER.
So in conclusion - Always wear sunscreen.
But trust me on the sunscreen....
Go link up with Joy today for the Friday Five!