Today I am going to share with your five small changes I try to incorporate to help in my weight loss.
1. Parking far away from your destination and walking.
Sure, it's easy to park up front, run in and get what you need and get on your way. Do you know how many extra steps you can add by parking in the back, walking in the door farthest from where you are going and walking back out to your car in the end? It makes a difference people. Unless it is raining...then by all means... :)
2. Drink water. This is something I don't really have a problem with. I drink tons of water every day. It is the only thing I drink at home, and I have at least 4 cups at work as well. However, I also crave bad things like Diet Coke. While it is OK to indulge every now and then...I try to cut out all drinks except for water, unsweetened teas and one cup of coffee a day. I gotta have my coffee in the mornings to function!
3. Take the stairs! I don't really encounter stairs in my every day life outside of my home, so I will randomly walk up and down the stairs a few times just to get them in. I am also going to just take a few bags of groceries up at a time instead of trying to make just one or two trips!
4. When a sweet craving hits, have some fruit. Usually I can curb most cravings by grabbing a plum or some pineapple. There are so many wonderful fruits in season right now, there is no excuse!
5. Skip the toppings. Don't add sour cream, butter or other calorie heavy toppings to you foods. Try doing without or replacing them with something low in calorie but full of flavor like salsa.
What are you go to's for cutting back?