Monday, September 23, 2013

Life Lately and Weekend Shenanigans

Today's Topic: A "life lately" post. What you're up to, how you're feeling, how you're doing on your goals, etc!

 
Life lately has seemed to be filled with the same ol' same ol' for the most part. Wake, pout in bed for 3-5 minutes about how I don't feel like getting up at 4:30 am, work out with Jillian as she calls me a fatty, get ready, go to work, come home and cook, watch a little TV, repeat!

I am so excited that fall is upon us! Fall means football, pumpkin flavored and scented everything, leaves changing colors, smores, sweaters, boots, scarves, crisp air, and one happy Nadine! I mean seriously, who doesn't love fall?!

As far as goals go....I have been getting up at 4:30 am Monday-Friday to work out. I was really happy with my 30 Day Shred results, but I haven't seen much of a difference since I started Ripped in 30. While I have just started week 3 today, I feel as though I haven't seen anything change. Now, I could blame this on the DVD, but it is my fault. While I am not eating TERRIBLY, I am certainly not being good. I wasn't cheating as much when I was doing the 30 Day Shred and I am starting to believe more and more that abs are made in the kitchen.

I am going to have to step it up if I want my work offs to truly pay off by eating better. I need to be clean 80-100% of the time, not 40-50% of the time. The Goldfish crackers, tortilla chips and cheese slices all need to go. I need to start back with green monster smoothies in the mornings for breakfast, and eat healthy for lunch and dinner Monday-Friday for sure. I will allow some room for cheats on Saturday and Sunday, but not for every meal. Maybe once cheat for Saturday and one cheat for Sunday. That is going to be A LOT harder now that football season is upon us and I have so many yummy temptations. I will find healthier ways to enjoy the games. And less beer on the weekends. Beer is not good for the belly. Unless you want a beer belly, then it is perfect!

Another goal I have been working on the last few weeks is redesigning my blog all on my own. (Well, I am enlisting my IT husband for a few pointers and such...but no blog designers.) You may notice my new nifty favicon. I have my new header ready to go, am working on new buttons, roll over images, etc., etc. I am hoping to have it all rolled out at once in the next week or two.

There isn't much to report from this weekend. Chris had to work all weekend, so Saturday I cleaned the house, did laundry, and bathed the dogs. That took about 4 hours of my day. I painted my finger nails, something I rarely do. Then meal planned and went grocery shopping. Speaking of grocery shopping, have you all checked out the Cartwheel app that Target has?! If not....you must download immediately. You can save additional money on items you pick from on top of coupons and their 5% red card discount. Why wouldn't you do it? Maybe you like to spend more money for no reason?? The app is free, go check it out. Your welcome.

photo.JPG

After grocery shopping, I stopped by Starbucks to get a PSL...and something awesome happened! The car in front of me paid for my drink and told the cashier to tell me "Roll Tide!" And that is why I love Alabama fans :) I will pay it forward next time I am there for sure! It basically made my day, and I would love for someone else to feel the way that I did.

photo.JPG
 
Saturday evening Chris and I went to Best Buy just to look around, and then stopped at his parents house for a bit. Afterwards, we caught some of the Alabama game, ROLL TIDE and we did watch some of the Auburn/LSU game as well. Surprisingly, I was rooting for Auburn to win...something I rarely do.

Sunday I worked on my blog design for a few hours, then headed up to my Dad's house in Ashville. His birthday is today, happy birthday Dad, so my sister and I put a lunch together for him and spent some time up there. Afterwards, I drove back home and met up with Chris after he got off work. We enjoyed some time out on our deck with the dogs, then headed to dinner with his parents. Overall, a great weekend minus the fact that Chris had to work!

 
 
I hope all of you have a fabulous week.
 

Sami's Shenanigans



2 comments:

  1. Is it bad that I have no idea what a favicon is and I basically did my own blog? LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your dad! Sounds like you had a nice weekend! You are awesome for getting up for 4:30 work outs... I don't think I have the motivation to do it! I love your favicon "N"! I recently made a little tea cup for my blog not too long ago and I was so proud of myself, HAHA! Having a blog is making me learn all these new fancy things. Although I'm still horrible at html in the grand scheme of things, I feel like I'm getting better!

    That is so awesome you were part of a pay it forward! I've heard of it before but have never been on either end of one (receiving or giving). I'd love to pay for someone's stuff one day in a drive thru, what a fun way to make someone's day! :D

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by. I would love to hear from you, please feel free to comment! If you leave an ugly or offensive comment, it may be deleted.