Monday, April 1, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans: Easter Edition



Well, it is officially April. I am just wondering how many of you fools are in the blogging world this morning causing a ruckus. Ain't nobody got time for 'dat!

So this weekend was pack full of fun. I kept waking up last night and thinking that it was going to be Sunday today and I didn't have to work. Perhaps my mind is playing fools on me. Needless to say, when reality stuck this morning when my alarm went off, I was a sad Nadine. 

Friday night Chris and I had a date night. We went to Five for dinner. If you live in the Birmingham and you haven't been to Five...then shame on you! They have the best burgers ever and the shrimp queso is to die for! Also they have Black Forty Truck Stop Honey on tap and well....its basically the best beer ever. We got there at just the right time, 5 minutes before the crowd, so we scored an awesome patio table.








Saturday we woke up and had breakfast, then headed out for the day. We needed to run some errands and shop for out door furniture. We haven't found the perfect set yet, but we saw some stuff we liked and will be thinking about. Next weekend it is supposed to be sunny and in the 70's...we need to make a decision ASAP! We had Frontera for lunch and Chinese take out for dinner. 

Sunday was Easter, and what screams Easter morning more than Waffle House for breakfast! 



We may or may not start a tradition with that! After breakfast, we headed over to Chris's parents house to spend time with the family and have Easter lunch. 

Lunch consisted of ham, mac and cheese, pineapple casserole, sweet potato casserole, deviled eggs, potato salad, rolls and green beans. They had ice cream sandwich cake for desert.

Chad and Chris may or may not have played with our nephews toys more than our nephew!


Everyone loves bubbles. 


Now that I consumed about 234,685 calories in the past 3 days, I may need to fast for a week! 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend. I am going to go drag my feet until I have to leave for work. 

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you stopping by. I would love to hear from you, please feel free to comment! If you leave an ugly or offensive comment, it may be deleted.