Friday, March 15, 2013

The Friday Five

Happy Friday! Has this been a long week or what?!

the Sowell life

1. Old Navy. I know, I was skeptical too. I normally do not have much luck in there, when I do find things I think are cute...they never fit right. However, I got the cutest dress in there for $25! There were a few other cute ones too, I may have to go back for more!


2. Cooking Light. Have you ever purchased/read this magazine? I think I may need to subscribe. Pasta's for around 300 calories? Sounds like a win win to me. I made one of the pasta's from this issue Monday night and it was amazing. I really liked it because it was different. Chris wasn't as huge as a fan as I was, mainly because it has peas and edamame in it, two things he despises. I will be making it again for sure though!



3. Spring is here. I am so excited to be whipping out the flip flops and cute summer time dresses. It is going to be 70 today! I will miss hiding behind my cozy winter sweaters though. I just love spring time. It is sort of like a new beginning. I started growing basil last week, and look...I have some sprouting!!! This is the first time I have ever been able to grow something. My sinus' are another story...already having some allergy symptoms. That is what happens when you put a northern girl in the south! Darn you pollen! 



4. Hand Creme. My hands are terrible every year. They are always so dry, and cracking. I have found a hand creme that has really helped me this year. Best $15 I have ever spent. Chris uses it every morning too!

3.4 oz. / 85 g

5. My Fitness Pal. We have a love/hate relationship you and I. I am sorry that I broke up with you last week...but am thankful we were able to work things out this week and get back on track. You aren't very forgiving each day, and I usually don't like what you have to say. However, you hold me accountable, thanks jerk! 

I hope everyone has a fantabulous weekend!!! 

6 comments:

  1. I actually find a lot of stuff at Old Navy that I like. Sometime I find nothing, but other times I can find really cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the dress in the first picture...hard to find some simple but pretty clothes anymore!
    Pasta is my favorite food, I can't give it up as part of my diet, but I try to make lower-calorie pasta dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have an Old Navy by the house and I never go. Maybe I should, huh? I always see that magazine in the grocery check out line but never purchase it, maybe I should do that too, huh? Ha! Thanks for linking up!! Enjoy those flip flops cause I'm going to, too!! Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love old navy and cooking light! that dress is a score!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting your blog from Friday 5, I love it! Hope you're loving the south, I was born in raised in FL and am living in south Alabama myself. Isn't this weather insane? Cold, hot, cold, hot, ALLERGY ATTACK!

    Tami@ fridaymorningbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by. I would love to hear from you, please feel free to comment! If you leave an ugly or offensive comment, it may be deleted.