Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Thoughtfulness Goes a Long Way

So, I had a post idea for today, but it went out the window as my day progressed to crappy. I will leave out the details, but let's just say I was feeling down and and defeated earlier. One of my co-workers noticed that my eyes were watery and red, and she asked what was wrong. I told her a little bit about what had me down and I hadn't really seen her since because I have been working on a project.

I left to go to lunch with one of my amazing friends whom always makes me feel better. I also managed to stop by Sephora, because who doesn't cheer up in that store lezbehonest! I dreaded coming back to work, I dreamed about getting on I-459 and heading straight home....but I found myself in the parking lot like a good little employee.

When I entered my office, there were flowers and a note at my desk.




I seriously work with a few of the sweetest people on the planet. Chris (not to be confused with my husband Chris, Chris is a girl that works in my office) is seriously so thoughtful. Yesterday she brought flowers and a cookies and cream cake for another one of our coworkers who had some upsetting news on Friday. Today, she brings me flowers and a sweet, encouraging note. Why can't every one be so thoughtful to others? I am not just talking about getting things for people, the note actually means more to me and brought tears to my eyes. Just a few sweet words can really change someone's attitude and perspective. I am truly blessed to be able to work with such amazing girls. 

On another, completely unrelated note, I am thinking about purchasing a Clarisonic. Yes, I am late to the party...I know this. I was speaking with someone at Sephora today, and have been toying with the idea for awhile now. Any of you out there have one? Do you totally love it and think it is worth the steep price tag? I was thinking about getting the Mia if I get one, I don't need different speeds and all that fancy business. Anything else out there right now that you are totally loving? Let me know! 

4 comments:

  1. What a kind gesture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! co-workers are THE best, I totally love love love mine, they make my job!

    so awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you were having a bad day. I've had two back to back, and I keep asking... IS IT FRIDAY YET?!! That was so thoughtful of your friend/co-worker! Hope tomorrow is a much better day for you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by. I would love to hear from you, please feel free to comment! If you leave an ugly or offensive comment, it may be deleted.