Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend in Review

Well, hello there! It seems we are back to Monday already! I am one of those suckers that have to work today. Boo! No bank holidays around this place. On a positive note, it only took me 35 minutes to get to work this morning. A new record I think!

So this weekend was full of fun! Friday night, Chris and I went to his sister's house for poker night. I have never played poker my entire life, as in didn't know the first thing about it! So I was a little nervous. We played 2 hands that didn't count for me to see how the game moves along, and I caught on super fast. I am proud to say I was one of the last 3 people playing! Go me! The game lasted 5 hours, so towards the end I was sort of ready to be done, and I went "all in" on a decent hand...unsure if I could pull it off or not. Sadly, I did not. I had great fun though!

Saturday I drove to my sister's house for lunch with her, my mom and 2 of my nephews. It is not often when all 3 of us girls can get together at the same time, so I was really excited! We each made some food to bring, so lunch was delish! We just sat around and talked, and then my sister mentioned that two of the Goodwill's near her got brand new in the package stuff from Target all the time. She had me at brand new and Target. Holla! So of course, we quickly hopped in the car and headed to the closest one. Wow. I was amazed at how awesome it is! Make sure you check it out of you have one near you! I was so excited about the whole Target at Goodwill thing, I forgot to take some pictures while I was there.

Saturday evening Chris and I headed over to his parents house for a night of pool with his dad and one of his cousins. You guys...I SUCK at pool! Like, super suck! So I stayed upstairs and kept his mom company, and we had lots of fun! I have said it before and I will say it again, I am SO SO SO very thankful for Chris's family. They are amazing, and treat me like one of them.

Yesterday was a day full of relaxing, which was much needed. The only reason I left the house was to pick up some items to make my 7 layer dip for the Falcon's game. I hate that they lost, because now I don't give 2 shits about either team that is playing in the Superbowl. At least there are always the commercials.

A lot of things in our house are still a work in progress. One of my FAVORITE spots in our house in Chris's man cave, AKA the basement. We have it set up with a projector and every game system under the sun. Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Game Cube, N64, Playstation, Sega, you name it...we have it hooked up. Life size Mario is the only way to play!


Here I picture Mario saying, "White overalls, bitches go crazy for a plumber in white overalls!"

You can't play Nintendo without some turtle power! Oh, and by the way -Donatello sucks! You have to bend down to kill some sewer rats, and I ain't down with that!

Last night I made Panko Chicken and green beans. Yum Yum Yum.

What you need:
chicken breasts tenders
1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
2 cloves of minced garlic (1/2 teaspoon is equal to one clove if you are using the jar kind)
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup Panko crumbs
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
parsley

What you do:
In one bowl, mix the Panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese and parsley. (I just sprinkle some parsley in there, it doesn't matter how much you put in and you don't have to put it in there if you don't have any.)

In another bowl, melt your butter. Then mix in the Dijon mustard and the minced garlic.



Place you chicken out on a paper towel and dry them off. 


Then take your chicken breasts, dip them in the mustard mix, then dip ONE side into the Panko crumb mix. Place them Panko crumb side up into a pie pan, touching. 



You want to cook these at 500 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. 

I made canned green beans last night. Usually I buy fresh green beans, and mix them with one tablespoon of olive oil and some parmesan cheese and bake them in the oven. I didn't have fresh, so here is how I seasoned my canned green beans:

1 can of green beans
1/2 tablespoon of Olive Oil
1/2 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
1 beef bullion cube 
4 ounces of water

Mix all ingredients in a pot, boil, then reduce heat to medium. These take about an hour for the liquid in dissolve, then they will be ready to serve! 




Go link up with Sami's Shenanigans and tell us about your weekend!  I would love to hear!



1 comment:

I appreciate you stopping by. I would love to hear from you, please feel free to comment! If you leave an ugly or offensive comment, it may be deleted.