Friday, January 18, 2013

Ice Ice Baby

We got our snow yesterday! It is beautiful! You know what is not beautiful, ice on the roads the next morning! What a mess. There are so many accidents and roads closed that I sort of gave up this morning, and am waiting until 8:30 or so to leave for work.

In other news, I made some amazing chicken last night. It was my third time making it, and it turns out awesome every time! It is called Salsa Chicken.

What you need:
chicken breasts (I use boneless, skinless)
1 cup of salsa
1 can of cream of chicken soup (you could also use cream of mushroom, I prefer chicken)
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 cut of sour cream

What you do:
Combine the chicken, salsa, cream of chicken soup and taco seasoning in the crock pot. Cook on low for 6 hours. (I cook mine longer because I do this while I am at work, then come home and cook a side to go with it, and it turns out fine.) Before serving, add 1 cup of sour cream and cook until warm. You can eat the chicken breasts whole, or you can shred them and serve over rice, beans or with taco shells.

I cook this with Brown Spanish Rice.
What you need:
14 ounces of chicken broth
1 can of Rotel with green chilis
1/2 teaspoon of salt (optional, I usually don't add it because I don't want the extra sodium)
1 cup of brown rice(not minute rice)

Bring the chicken broth, rotel and salt to a boil. Add the brown rice, cover and lower heat to medium low. Cook until the broth has dissolved, about an hour, stirring occasionally.

Yum yum yum!

So, since I have been waiting out the ice at home this morning, my dogs have been trying very hard to keep me here today. Mainly Mac, Gracie is busy playing with her toys and chewing on her feet.










I have an audience while I blog!

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I looove the snow, not the ice so much. What great company you have while you blog, though! My little pups totally are not interested in my blogging, haha!

    I also wanted to know that I've nominated you for a Liebster Award because your blog is pretty darn awesome!!! Should you choose to accept, you can find the post here!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you stopping by. I would love to hear from you, please feel free to comment! If you leave an ugly or offensive comment, it may be deleted.