Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Domestically Challenged turned Martha Stewart-ish

Hello there my loves. It is Tuesday, not Monday, so we can all be a little bit happy about that!

I have accepted the fact that I am old. And probably boring. I don't really know what my early college self would think about me now. I even thought I was so cute that I had a magnet on my refrigerator that said "Domestically Challenged" and something similar to this on there too.



Gee, and I wonder why I didn't have many boys tripping over each other to get to me? Probably because all boys want to be taken care of! Even though back then the guys loved the way Jessica Simpson looked, they didn't really want to settle down with someone who is ditsy and doesn't know the difference between tuna and chicken. Luckily, a few years ago I started to actually enjoy going to the grocery store and cooking. My husband is probably thankful for that!

I am here today to tell you about Spicy Thai Noodles.

I love Pinterest for so many reasons, but my favorite is all the recipes that you can find! I don't even know what I am looking for sometimes, Pinterest decides for me with wonderful pictures of randomness. I stumbled across Spicy Thai Noodles sometime last year. It is a great, versatile dish. You can serve it hot or cold, for dinner or lunch, as a main course or a side. The choice is yours! I like it for lunch because it tastes wonderful cold! It makes a lot and keeps well for about a week.

What you need:
1 box of linguine noodles (I prefer whole wheat)
1-2 tbsp crushed red pepper (I use 1 tbsp, it is pretty spicy like that...don't know if I would do 2!)
**1/4 cup olive oil
**1/2 sesame oil (make sure that you use regular sesame oil. I bought toasted before and it just doesn't taste the same)
6 tbsp honey
6 tbsp soy sauce (I use the green bottle with less sodium)
Green onions (I use about 3 of them)
Toasted Sesame Seeds (I probably use about 2 TBSP)
crushed peanuts (I just buy a can of regular peanuts like cocktail or party nuts, and I put about 1/4-1/2 cup in a ziplock bag and crush them with my meat tenderizer or a hammer)
**I like to use a less of each oil that what the recipe calls for, some people completely omit the olive oil...just depends on what you like.

What you do:
Cook you noodles according to box and drain
Heat the oils over medium heat in a small sauce pan with the crushed red pepper
Strain out the red pepper, but keep the oil
Whisk the honey and soy sauce into the oil
Toss mixture with the noodles
The recipe says to use the green onions and peanuts when you serve this dish, I toss this in when I mix it up because I know I want both in mine.

Enjoy!

This is what mine looks like for lunch today. Yum yum yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you stopping by. I would love to hear from you, please feel free to comment! If you leave an ugly or offensive comment, it may be deleted.